Finished wiring the panel

Wired the GSU 25 ADAHRS.

img_4597

 

Wired the G5 backup flight instrument.

img_4598

 

Pilot side complete. I still have a bit of tidying up and lacing to do. But everything is wired.

 

Terminated all of the ground lines to the ground block.

img_4601

 

Wired the PFD2 GDU 460.

img_4602

 

I still need to install the fuse panel and wire it up. I also need to wire the GMU 11 in the wing and reconfigure the connectors at the wing roots. Then the wiring will be complete.

 

Today’s Time (hours): 7.0
Finish kit (hours): 157.0
Total Time (hours): 891.0

 

Wired all the switches and the PFD-1

It’s been another busy week at work but managed to get in a few hours during the evenings and a bunch of time today.

Wired all the switches and routed all of the required power and ground wires as well as all the wires through the firewall for alternator, battery and starter relays, and magnetos.

img_4574

 

Reinstalled the PFD-1 GDU 460 and G5 backup instrument. I plumbed in the pitot, static, and AOA lines.

img_4594

 

Wired up the GDU 360. I was a real rats nest behind the panel so i used some temporary wire ties to keep things organized while I finish wiring the GSU 25 and the G5. Then I’ll secure everything properly and lace up the wire bundles.

 

I also realized that despite all of my wiring planning, I had accidentally omitted the GTP 59 temperature probe form the plan. I ran a shielded three-conductor cable from the left wing root to the panel.

 

Today’s Time (hours): 12.0
Finish kit (hours): 150.0
Total Time (hours): 884.0

 

Progress continues on wiring

I’ve neglected to post over the past week. Been a busy week at work. I have made some good progress though.

I vinyl-wrapped the fuse block panel and screwed the fuse block into it. I made a bus bar from a strip of copper to tie together the upper and lower buses of the fuse block.

 

I drilled some system holes through the left seat ribs, installed snap bushings, and ran the pitot and AOA lines from the wing root to the panel.

 

Drilled a couple of system holes in the lower sub-panel. Routed the the wires for the battery backup. Terminated the grounds for the the IBBS and the IBBS master switch.

 

Made up the connectors for the GTX 45R transponder and the GTN 625 GPS. I also started on the GTR 200B COM radio but didn’t get a picture.

 

Today’s Time (hours): 6.0
Finish Kit (hours): 112.0
Total Time (hours): 842.0