Finished wiring the GEA 24, GAD 29, and GAD 25

Made up harnesses for the TO/GA button and panel light dimmer switches. I mounted them back in the center panel and wired the corresponding connectors under the panel. I used micro molex connectors to make the connections.

 

I received the stranded thermocouple wire I ordered from McMaster Carr. SO I was able to finish wiring up the GEA 24.

 

I wired up the GAD 29.

img_4554

 

I wired up the GAD 27.

 

Making progress. Glad I made this wiring list.  It’s been super helpful as a reference and to keep track of my progress. The terminations highlighted in green are complete.

img_4563

 

Today’s Time (hours): 10.0
Finish Kit (hours): 138.0
Total Time (hours): 868.0

 

Pitch Trim Servo Installed

I got back from my work trip to Toronto this evening and my new Molex connectors and pins had arrived. So I was able to crimp on the last pin and push the pins into the connector. Then I installed it into the elevator and connected the pushrod to the trim tab horn with a clevis and cotter key.

IMG_1864

IMG_1866

IMG_1867

You can also see where I safety wired the trim tab hinge pin in place. As soon as I get the rivets I ordered from Aircraft Spruce, I’ll be able to complete the elevators.

 

Today’s Time (hours): 0.5
Empennage Time (hours): 128.5
Total Time (hours): 128.5

 

Four out of Five Ain’t Bad

My new molex crimper arrived from amazon along with the new automatic wire stripper. Yay! New tools.

These Molex MicroFit  pins are teeny tiny. I managed to crimp four out of the five pins on to the wires from the trim servo correctly. Unfortunately there was only one extra pin provided and I already burned through that one on my first attempt. So I ordered a bunch of  extra molex pins and housings.

IMG_1856

Today’s Time (hours): 0.5
Empennage Time (hours): 126.0
Total Time (hours): 126.0