Finished Seat Backs (Section 39)

I bolted together the lower corners of the seat backs. I drilled holes in the top angles using the template provided by FlightLine interiors. I blind riveted the snaps to the angles using those holes. I attached the seat back cushions to the seat backs with the snaps and the velcro provided.

 

Love the way the seats came out.

 

I also repainted the aft canopy frame. I wasn’t happy with my first attempt. It was splotchy and had spots of pretty bad orange peel. I wet sanded it and reshot it. It still looked awful. So I ended up stripping it down using acetone and repainting the bare metal. It came out quite a bit better. I’m wondering if the problem is the P60G2 primer. I’m going to shoot the remaining interior parts over bare metal.

 

 

Today’s Time (hours): 3.0
Finish Kit (hours): 60.0
Total Time (hours): 790.0

 

 

More wiring

Run the left side of the main harness. Terminated the antenna connections; TNC for the GPS and BNC for the com and transponder. Only did the antenna side. I’ll get the panel end when I wire the panel.

 

Getting the snap bushings into the wire guides was a huge pain in the ass. super tight. especially with the additional can bus wire. I ended up pulling that wire out and getting the snap bushings in. Once they were in I was able to push the can bus cable through.

img_4109

 

On a brighter note, my seats came in today. Abby at Flightline Interiors did an amazing job. Very happy.

img_4107

 

Today’s Time (hours): 2.0
Options and Miscellanea Time (hours): 46.0
Total Time (hours): 735.0