Tested the Fuel Tanks

Tested the tanks using the test kit from Van’s. Attached a balloon to the fuel strainer to regulate the pressure and as a visual indicator that the tank was pressurized. Used a spray bottle with soapy water to spray down the tank to find any leaks. No leaks found!

 

I attached the tanks to the wings but had to remove them because the tank skin overlapped the outboard leading edge skin by a few thousandths. I used a file to adjust the edge of the skin. I final-attached the tanks to the wings with AN3 bolts, torqued them to spec and marked them with torque seal. I got about half way through putting all the screws in. I’ll have to finish those up next week when I get back from Florida.

 

I’m definitely in the home stretch with the wings. Looking forward to getting everything buttoned up next weekend.

355bfa

 

Today’s Time (hours): 3.0
Wing Time (hours): 242.0
Total Time (hours): 394.0

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s