Tested the tanks using the test kit from Van’s. Attached a balloon to the fuel strainer to regulate the pressure and as a visual indicator that the tank was pressurized. Used a spray bottle with soapy water to spray down the tank to find any leaks. No leaks found!
I attached the tanks to the wings but had to remove them because the tank skin overlapped the outboard leading edge skin by a few thousandths. I used a file to adjust the edge of the skin. I final-attached the tanks to the wings with AN3 bolts, torqued them to spec and marked them with torque seal. I got about half way through putting all the screws in. I’ll have to finish those up next week when I get back from Florida.
I’m definitely in the home stretch with the wings. Looking forward to getting everything buttoned up next weekend.
|Today’s Time (hours):||3.0|
|Wing Time (hours):||242.0|
|Total Time (hours):||394.0|