Primed the upper gear braces and gear attach angles.
Split the nose wheel. Stuffed the tube into the tire and semi-inflated it. Put the tire and tube on the heels and bolted them back together.
Packed the bearings using my handy dandy bearing packer and reinstalled them into the wheel. Did a similar job on the main gear wheels. The main gear bearings were packed in a preservative grease. So I cleaned them with solvent dried them with compressed air, and repacked them with Aeroshell 22.
All three wheels assembled.
I upgraded the nose gear wheel and axle to Matco. The axle has a bolt that keeps the axle from rotating. So I drilled a hole in the fork to accommodate. I temporarily assembled the fork and axle to keep everything together.
I installed the gear attach angles and the upper gear braces. I loosely installed the gear attach bars. I should be able to just bolt the gear legs in and tighten them up.
Next step is to clean the garage and relocate the fuselage from the basement. It won’t fit through the door once the gear is attached.
|Today’s Time (hours):||8.0|
|Finish kit (hours):||175.0|
|Total Time (hours):||909.0|