I sent Van’s an email with the order form for my fuselage kit. Lead times are up to 12 weeks and I seem to be moving right along with the wing kit. I included the the following items with the order:
- RV-14 ELT INSTALLATION KIT (14 ELT ACK-04 KIT)–Qty. 1
- RV-14 Flap Position Sensor Kit (14 FLAP POSITION KIT)–Qty. 1
- T 14 AP Servo Install Kit Optional (14 GARMIN AP SERVO INSTALL KIT)–Qty. 1
- Garmin Yaw Servo Install Kit(14 G3X YAW SERVO INSTALL KIT)–Qty. 1
- Left Control Stick w/Grip-14(CS-00008T-L)–Qty. 1
- Right Control Stick w/Grip-14(CS-00008T-R)–Qty. 1
- Blank L-R instrument panel-14(F-00111)–Qty. 2
- Blank center panel-14(F-00112)–Qty. 1
- CANOPY HARNESS KIT RV-14(ES WH-00126 KIT)–Qty. 1
- Main Harness 14 W/Phono Jack(ES WH-00125 KIT)–Qty. 1
- Please delete from the Fuselage kit order the left and right control sticks (CS-00008-L and CS-00008-R) since they will be replaced by the control sticks ordered above.
Had an awesome time at Sun N Fun with Jared, Wes, and the Family. That’s me ordering an engine and prop in Van’s tent! And that’s me and Remy sitting in the RV14 at Van’s booth. Suddenly this is getting more real.
We got back from Lakeland this morning and I got right back to work. No rest for the wicked! Primed the rear spars and all of their associated parts.
Clecoed the aileron hinges together.
…and riveted them.
Clecoed the spars together.
Started riveting the doublers to the spars with the squeezer.
|Today’s Time (hours):
|Wing Time (hours):
|Total Time (hours):
Things are progressing a bit faster than I had expected on the tail build. This is awesome. It means I’ll be flying sooner! But I just realized I should check with Van’s to see what the lead time is on the wing kit. I’d hate to have all this progress go to waste sitting around waiting on the next kit. Good thing I did. They’re up to a 10 week lead time for the wing kit!
Ordered the empennage kit from Vans, Tool kit from Cleveland, and bought a compressor from Lowes.