Finished panel and mounting avionics

Uninstalled all the avionics and removed the panels. I covered the panels with 3M 2080 matte black vinyl wrap. This is the stuff they use to wrap cars. Then I created the panel labels using a Cricut vinyl cutter. Spent a lot of time fiddling with the tiny letters to get them onto the panel but eventually figured it out. I used transfer tape to transfer the cut vinyl to the panel then weeded out the excess vinyl in place on the panel rathe than the conventional approach of weeding the vinyl before applying the transfer tape. The letters were just too small and would move around or fall off the backing when I tried it that way.

 

Got everything reinstalled in the airplane to see how it looked. I’m happy with the way it came out. Although I’m having second thoughts about the canopy release label. Might be a bit over the top. The intent was to make sure any curious passengers were left with the impression that if they pulled it, something serious is going to happen. May tone it down at some point but for now it’s done.

Now I need to wire everything up. Perhaps later. I’ll be finishing up a couple of small projects tomorrow and then I’ll be starting in on the finishing kit next weekend.

img_4058

 

Today’s Time (hours): 7.0
Options and Miscellanea Time (hours): 32.0
Total Time (hours): 721.0

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s