Wing ribs complete

Riveted the forward flanges of all the ribs to the spar with the rivet gun. My riveting seems to be getting better… Didn’t have to drill any out. I set the pressure at the compressor to 75psi for the -4 rivets. This seemed to work really well. I had tried a lower pressure in the past and the manufactured head would get all beat up. At the lower pressure, I had to hit the rivet so many times that I think it was getting work hardened.

img_2290

 

I also finished installing the AN3 hardware and torquing to spec. Kinda sorta starting to look like wings…img_2291

 

Picked all the parts (including the service bulletin kit) for the rear spar.img_2293

 

Today’s Time (hours): 2.0
Wing Time (hours): 54.5
Total Time (hours): 265.5

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s