Disassembly and Deburring

Clecoed and final drilled the elevator horns to the inboard ribs and spars.

IMG_1766

Cut the trim tab pushrod parts and the trim tab horn parts.

IMG_1767

IMG_1768

Deburred everything and got about half the parts scuffed and ready for primer. Next I’ll scuff the rest of the parts, peel and scuff the skins and prime everything.

IMG_1771

My pint of fuel tank sealant arrived from Sky Geek today. I’ll use this to glue the foam ribs in place.

IMG_1769

 

Today’s Time (hours): 3.0
Empennage Time (hours): 88.0
Total Time (hours): 88.0

 

Picked and Inspected Parts for Elevators

Read through the plans for the elevators and picked all the parts. I also cleaned up the workshop.

I ordered some fuel tank sealant from SkyGeek. Neither Van’s nor Spruce had pint cans. I only need enough to cement the elevator and trim tab ribs in place. And the stuff has a relatively short shelf life.

IMG_1751

IMG_1752

 

Today’s Time (hours): 1.0
Empennage Time (hours): 77.0
Total Time (hours): 77.0