I was away in south Florida all last week for work. Good trip but glad to get back in the shop today.
I final-fit the top tip to the rudder with some sand paper. I match drilled #40 all of the holes.
I final drilled the holes to #30.
I machine countersunk the holes in the tip to fit the dimples in the skin.
I dimpled the holes in the skin.
I attached the tip to the rudder with the pneumatic pop rivet gun.
I attached the rudder to the vertical stabilizer on the workbench. I fit the VS tip with sandpaper and match drilled all the holes #40.
I used the band saw to cut some foam to back the fiberglass closeout. I test fit the assembly to the VS and used sand paper to gradually reduce the size of the foam until I got an interference fit.
I mixed up some epoxy resin with glass micro bubbles to . nice thick paste that wouldn’t run.
…and used it to glue the foam into place.
|Today’s Time (hours):||1.5|
|Empennage Time (hours):||206.5|
|Total Time (hours):||206.5|