Back riveted the side ribs, center section, and forward stiffener to the side skins.
Clecoed the side skin and longerons to the fuselage and bolted the upper drag link in place. I ran a bead of fuel tank sealant between the firewall and the skin and the upper longeron and the skin. Unfortunately it wasn’t until after I put the sealant in place that I realized that I hadn’t dimpled the flanges of the firewall. In my defense, I can’t find where it says to do so in the instructions. What a fucking mess! Thanks, Vans!
Riveted the canopy latch bracket and bulkhead side channel to the left skin.
Got about halfway through the riveting on the left side. Slow going. I was hoping to make more progress than I did today.
Ran into one frigging rivet that necessitated removal of the landing gear bracket. This was a huge pain in the ass with the skin in place. There’s not enough room to get a drift in front of the main bulkhead to knock the outboard bolt out. Ended up using the short end of an allen wrench and hitting it with the long bucking bar that I have. There wasn’t room for a hammer. Once I got it started with this arrangement, I was then able to get a drift into the space and use the bucking bar to knock the bolt out. Would have saved a bunch of time had I removed the bracket before the skins went on. Burned over an hour on this.
|Today’s Time (hours):||10.0|
|Fuselage Time (hours):||115.0|
|Total Time (hours):||569.5|