The rest of my avionics order showed up this morning. I also received the GMU 22 mounting kit from Van’s. Apparently they don’t make one for the GMU 11 (which is what I bought). So I took a chance and ordered the one for the GMU 22 thinking I could cannibalize it and create something for the GMU 11. As it turns out, all I needed to do was to match drill four holes to the base of the GMU 11. So I drilled the holes, cut the top half of the mount per the plans, deburred and primed everything, riveted it together, and screwed on the GMU 11. Bayum!
Remy helped me rivet the inboard bottom skin to the right wing. It was challenging to reach the rivets along the aft spar. Remy and I took turns bucking and shooting. Nonetheless, tomorrow will definitely be an Advil day. I clecoed the outboard skin in place. That can be tomorrow’s challenge.
|Today’s Time (hours):||3.0|
|Wing Time (hours):||270.0|
|Total Time (hours):||422.0|