Dimpled the top side skins. I used the squeezer for most of the holes and the DRDT-2 for the ones the squeezer couldn’t reach.
I clecoed the side skin on. And I actually remembered to peel the rivet lines this time.
I dimpled the F-01409 frame.
And the aft deck.
I clecoed the aft deck, F-01409 frame in place along with the Horizontal Stab Attach Bar Support Angle and deck angle. I clamped the attach bar to the support angle and match drilled. I also match drilled the deck angle to the aft bulkhead.
I dimpled the cover plates for #6 screws as well. Then I realized for the first time that the cover plates are not symmetrical. <moan> And of course one is now dimpled the wrong way and primed on the wrong side. I went to order a new one from Van’s web site only to find that F-14112 does not exist in their parts inventory and it’s an hour after closing time. Oh well. I’ll call the tomorrow. No big rush given that I’m almost out of parts and my wing kit isn’t scheduled to ship for more than a month.
|Today’s Time (hours):||2.5|
|Empennage Time (hours):||177.0|
|Total Time (hours):||177.0|
One thought on “Dimpled top side skins and aft deck”
Don’t worry! Will do lots of flying while your waiting for the wing kit =)
LikeLiked by 1 person